We are Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, legally established in the USA with our registered office at: 87 East Avenue, New Canaan, CT 06840. When we say “we”, “us”, or “our”, we mean Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, which may act as a data controller in respect to your personal data.
This policy covers information we collect about you in connection with http://www.strategicmarketingplus.com (this “Website”) and applies to visitors to this Website and job applicants.
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC is the provider of this Website and is the data controller of the personal information which we collect about you through this Website and our relationship with you.
Visitors to Our Website and Job Applicants
When someone visits http://www.strategicmarketingplus.com, we collect standard internet information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. If we want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you complete our “Contact” form If you contact us using the online form provided on this Website, we may ask you to give us your
- email address,
- telephone number,
- job title, and
Any other information that you choose to provide in the “message” section, including the reason for the enquiry. When you apply for a role with Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC If you choose to apply for a job advertised on the Careers pages of this Website, you will be asked to provide your:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address and
- Phone number
You can also upload your resume, or import a profile of your personal and professional information from LinkedIn, in which case we will have the information contained in your profile (such as your current and previous job roles and employers) and used to populate our online recruitment form, when it becomes available. Until then, to present your resume the Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC please send an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
– When you complete a “Contact Us” form
- We use the personal information that you provide on our online contact form to respond to and follow up on your query.
- We maintain a record of any opt-out requests that we receive.
– Other ways in which we may use your personal information
We also use your personal information
- to provide you with any other information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device, and to fulfil other business purposes, such as product development and website administration;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website when you choose to do so;
- for record keeping, statistical analysis, internal reporting, analytics, and research purposes;
- to ensure data security and to provide you with access to any secure areas of our Website;
- to investigate any complaint you make;
- to train our staff;
- to provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us;
- to support the effective operation of our Website and to make improvements to it;
- for business and disaster recovery, document retention/storage, IT service continuity (e.g. backups), and
- to protect the rights, property, and/or safety of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, our customers, and our personnel.
The Legal Basis for Data Processing
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all processing of your personal information by us or by our service providers is lawful. The lawful basis for the processing of your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we process your information. The legal grounds for our processing of your personal information are as follows:
- where you have provided your consent for receipt of our newsletter by email;
- to the extent that you have given us your permission to do so, we will use relevant personal data to enable us to provide you with information about products, special offers, and services that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations when recruiting staff (e.g. as part of our background screening checks, we will request proof of the right to work);
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or in order to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you; and
- where necessary for our legitimate interests:
- in responding to contact requests and making follow-up communications,
- in recruiting staff, and
- in carrying out the purposes listed under “Other ways in which we may use your personal information” above.
You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time by contacting our Chief Executive Officer. See also “Your Rights – The right to object”. Where we are legally required to obtain your consent to process special categories of personal data (including data concerning your health, racial or ethnic origin), we will ask you for it at the relevant time. If you choose not to give your consent, we may not be able to perform some of the tasks we need to in order to provide certain products or services to you and may in some cases need to end our relationship with you as a consequence.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
We may share your personal information with other companies we partner with for the purposes of
- marketing and business-winning purposes, either between various business sectors or geographies, so that the most suitable people can follow up on the opportunities;
- internal and external audits;
- data hosting; and
- potential recruitment opportunities within Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC
We also share your personal information with
- third-party provider(s) who provide the following types of services to us: website hosting, support and maintenance, and pre-employment screening;
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice;
- investors and other relevant third parties in the event of an actual or potential sale or other corporate transaction
- relevant third parties for the purposes of doing what a court, regulator or government, or crime prevention agency (including the police) requires us to do, for example, complying with a search warrant or court order or acting as required or permitted by applicable laws or regulation; and
- any other third parties if authorized by you to do so in relation to a specific disclosure.
The performance of services by a third-party service provider may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by such third party. You should read this statement carefully.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is extremely important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to
- protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use,
- secure our IT systems and safeguard the information, and
- ensure we can restore your information in situations where the data is corrupted or lost in a disaster recovery situation.
Where appropriate, we use encryption or other security measures which we deem appropriate to protect your personal information. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. While no measure is impenetrable, we do our best to ensure that your personal information remains safe.
Overseas Transfer of Personal Data
We operate in the US. However, we often receive visitors from other countries. If you are visiting http://www,strategicmarketingplus.com from the European Economic Area, we want to let you know that we may transfer your personal information to the US. We provide the same level of protection to personal information as the EEA does. Companies outside the European Economic Area with whom we may share your personal data include our other group companies, IT providers, and other suppliers. If your personal information is transferred to any country outside the European Economic Area, to another third party, we make sure that this is done using specific, legally approved safeguards.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When deciding how long we should keep your personal information, we take into account factors such as
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time,
- (potential) disputes, and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once it is no longer needed. If you would like further information about how long we keep your personal information for a particular purpose, please contact us.
When you use our Website, we will process your personal information collected by cookies, as follows:
ID C0001 Strictly Necessary Cookies These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
ID C0002 Performance Cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
ID C0003 Functional Cookies These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
ID C0004 Targeting Cookies These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
ID C0005 Social Media Cookies These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
This section explains your rights in relation to your personal information. These rights are not absolute, and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
- The right to rectification You are entitled to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information if there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent). Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/. We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request. Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within 30 days from the day we receive your request, but if the request is going to take longer to process, we will come back to you and let you know. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection laws, you can make a complaint to the relevant data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Updating this Notice
Terms of Service – Last Updated: July 20, 2022
Welcome to Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC! We hope the resources you find here help you and your organization gain a competitive edge. By accessing the website (the “Site”), and all other Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC owned websites, you (the “User”) acknowledge and agree to be bound by the non-negotiable terms herein.
- Ownership and Distribution Rights.User hereby acknowledges and agrees that Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC is the sole and exclusive owner of any and all content, research, publications, materials, work product, or other item produced by Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC and or any third-party affiliate of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, produced on behalf of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC. Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC grants User a license to circulate, store, and transmit printed and electronic content within User’s organization only. See Quotes & References section for more detail.
- Use of Site and Content and Copyright.User is permitted to access all content of the Site for all purposes allowed herein, provided User hereby agrees to maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices of content, and further agrees to adhere to all terms of this Agreement regarding the use and distribution of any and all content. The Site and all of the content contained thereon are protected by U.S. and/or international copyright laws and conventions, and belong to Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, its licensors, or third parties. Other than a temporary license to use and distribute such content, in accordance with the terms herein, no right, title, or interest in any content is transferred to User. User agrees to use the Site and the content therein in accordance with all applicable laws. User agrees not to take any action that would compromise the security of the Site or render the Site inaccessible to others.
- Warranties Disclaimer.The Site and any and all content, research, publications, materials, work product, or other item produced by Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC and or any third-party affiliate of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, are provided “as is,” and Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC does not make any warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Site or the Content, including, without limitation, those of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we further disclaim all warranties (i) relating to the accuracy, reliability, correctness, or completeness of the content or any portion thereof that is made available on the site; (ii) that the content provided through the site will be free from errors, omissions, defects, or delays in operation, or from technical inaccuracies or other errors; (iii) that the content shall not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; (iv) that the content will be free of viruses or other harmful components; or (v) that the Site will be available at any particular time or location.
- Limitations on Liability.User agrees that Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC shall not be liable under any circumstances or under any theory of law for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages, including without limitation, damages for lost profits, business failure or loss, arising out of User’s use of the site or the content, whether or not Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You agree further that Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you arising as a result of reliance upon the content or the site or any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the content or the site or interpretations thereof. In jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law, and the terms limited Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s liability in this section shall in any case be interpreted to limit Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s liability to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Accuracy of Information.User hereby acknowledges and agrees that any and all content, research, publications, materials, work product, or other item produced by Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC is based on Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s reasonable efforts to compile and analyze, in Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s sole professional opinion, the best sources reasonably available to Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC at any given time. Any opinions reflect Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s judgment at the time and are subject to change. User assumes sole responsibility for the selection and or use of any and all content, research, publications, materials, work product, or other item produced by Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC in the furtherance of achieving any of User’s intended results, and User’s sole and exclusive remedy for any alleged loss or damage suffered by User in connection with the use of the Site, content, research, publications, materials, work product, or other item produced by Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC is to discontinue use of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC.
- Governing Law.This Agreement and all related documents, and all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States of America without regard to the conflict of laws and provisions thereof to the extent such principles or rules would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of North Carolina.
- All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications relating to the Site to be directed to:
Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC,
87 East Avenue
New Canaan, CT 06840
Quotes & References
Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC publishes independent market research and thought leadership content: white papers, webinars, research reports, rankings, articles, podcasts, etc (“Content”). To maintain the objectivity of Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC Content all Users must abide by these non-negotiable terms. These terms define how a User may use Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s name, logo, publications, excerpts, and references to Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC Content. All requests for usage must be submitted to Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC for approval. All decisions are final and Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC’s sole discretion.
- General use license: Right to circulate, store, and transmit printed and electronic content within User’s organization only
- No reprints
- No use or creation of charts or graphics whatsoever
- Excerpts limited to no more than 25 words each with proper attribution, see below
- Social Posts: Personal (individual’s account) social posting does not require pre-approval; Corporate (business account) social posts require approvals
- Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC Logo: You may include the Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC logo only when you have licensed the use of Content
- Academic use license: (1) Currently enrolled students may reference Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC Content; (2) Extended quotations, up to 10% of a document; (3) Use or creation of graphics is permitted; (4) No reprints
- Paid or Partner License: For details on licensing options, please email info [at] americafirstinsurancegroup.com.
- What to send: (1) Draft materials or mock-ups of the reference in full context of its intended use; (2) Link to the original source
- Where to send: info [at] americafirstinsurancegroup.com
- Turnaround time: Allow three business days for review
- Publications: Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, [Content Title], [Publication date]
- Presentations: Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC, [Presentation Title], [Presenter name(s)], [Event date]
Copyright@2022, Strategic Marketing Plus, LLC. All rights reserved.